Information for travellers: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Statement as of: 17:00, 28th April 2020

We hope this update finds you safe and well as we all continue to navigate our way through these challenging times. The ongoing understanding and support displayed by our Camps Community has been remarkable and we thank you all for standing by us as we work to deliver the best possible solution for our travellers.

June – September 2020 departures

Now that we have secured successful outcomes for all April expeditions, we are starting to work closely with our schools regarding expeditions due to depart between June and September.  Given the recent school holidays and subsequent key focus of schools on developing and implementing their on-line learning infrastructure, we have stayed in the background to allow space for this to happen.  Now schools are starting to settle into a routine, we are starting to make contact with them to explore options for the planned expeditions.  Our team have been working tirelessly to explore a number of alternative options and we will be discussing these with school leadership teams in the coming weeks, balancing individual needs and school timetables to find the best solution for all.

If you are booked onto one of these expeditions and haven’t yet heard from your school, please be patient. We are actively supporting all schools through the decision-making process and it is our top priority to be able to communicate a final decision to all travellers as soon as possible.  Confirmation of these decisions will bring the clarity that we appreciate is urgently needed around final payments due in the coming months and other preparations for your expedition such as vaccinations.

Departures from October 2020 onwards

As the global situation continues to evolve, it is still too early to make a confirmed decision on departures from October 2020 onwards.  There are still several months prior to travel and many of our key stakeholders, including airlines, are working to a much more immediate and imminent window.  Therefore, whilst we continue to prepare for every outcome, it is too soon to have the discussions with all parties to determine potential solutions. The situation is complex on many levels and influenced by many factors as you can imagine.  We must continue to keep all our options open to ensure we get the best possible outcome for all our stakeholders.

We thank you for your continued patience while we continue to monitor the changing travel environment. Please rest assured we will keep you updated as we move closer to the time of departure.

Once again, we would like to assure you that all of our solutions are safety focused, geared to mitigate any financial exposure to you and, where possible, to ensure that our young travellers retain the opportunity to travel with us.

Your ongoing support is deeply appreciated by every member of our team. From all of the 170 Camps staff around the world, we send you our best and please stay safe.

 


Statement as of: 19:00, 17th March 2020

Camps Community Update

World events continue to move rapidly, and here we endeavour to keep you up to date with the current developments concerning our strategies.  As the world grapples with the difficult challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to reach out to our global Camps community and give you a quick update.

As ever, our commitment to doing the right thing for our travellers and for our planet remains at the heart of Camps’ priorities. Please be assured that the safety of our travellers is our number one concern as we – along with the rest of the world – continue to navigate through this unique and evolving situation.

The Australian Government is reacting to the changing environment and making sweeping decisions on a daily basis, which are profoundly affecting all sectors of society and daily life, including ours in the travel industry.

Decisions with respect to our travelling teams typically happen on a timescale that starts approximately a month prior to travel.  This falls in line with the regular updates of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade advice (DFAT), from which all stakeholders involved in delivering expeditions take their cue.  Airlines, insurers and other supply partners are only able to respond once advisories fall within an imminent travel window. So, for departures from June onwards, we continue to monitor events closely and plan scenarios accordingly.  Until we approach departure dates, we will only be able to update you on the current state of play.

As things currently stand, we are still firmly committed to delivering our expeditions from July onwards in collaboration with our global partner communities. Our clear intention is that, events and safety allowing, we will be in a position to run all trips and deliver on our commitment to the wide range of projects and people that our experiences impact.

We will of course communicate regularly with you and respond appropriately in-line with official guidance as the situation progresses. Therefore, at this time, we are asking all our travellers to continue to prepare for their expedition as planned.  Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding.

As ever, if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact our dedicated team during office hours on (03) 8582 8750 or at [email protected].

 


Statement as of: 19:00, 13th March 2020

As you are undoubtedly aware, we are all facing an unprecedented challenge in the form of the new coronavirus, COVID-19.

This is understandably having a profound impact globally, especially on people’s day to day lives. In light of the current situation regarding COVID-19, it is obvious that this is a rapidly developing, dynamic situation in which we all have to react on a day to day – almost hour-to-hour – basis.

In times of uncertainty, our number one priority is the wellbeing of our travellers, our employees, our loved ones and the wider Camps community. So, we wanted to give you an update of what we are doing.

Our team has been working around the clock to ensure that our decisions are based on the most up to date information and that we cause as little disruption as possible to our clients, whilst at the same time ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the thousands of travellers that have entrusted us to look after them.

We will, of course, keep you updated on any decisions and changes that are made as soon as possible.

With regards to the current situation, we can confirm that:
• All schools with imminent trips affected by the current situation have been contacted.
• Our Australian summer expeditions don’t depart for another nine months and therefore, current advice does not affect these trips.
• If your son/daughter is booked onto a summer expedition with us, please rest assured that we will let you know nearer the time should there be Government advice in place at the time which affects your trip.

We fully understand how anxious you may feel about your son/daughter’s upcoming trip.

As ever, if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us during office hours or contact one of our dedicated team at [email protected].

Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

You may also be interested in